Learn more about Winchester, science, cars and military and naval history in the area's museums.
- City Museum - Uncover Winchester's past at the family-friendly City Museum.
- Winchester's Military Museum - Home to one of the most sizeable collections of regimental history outside London in the form of five museums.
- Winchester Discovery Centre Winchester's modern library with exhibitions and a cafe.
- Sea City Museum in Southampton, tells the story of the people of the city, their fascinating lives and historic connections with Titanic and the sea. They are currently showing special exhibitions on Titanic following the 100 year anniversary.
- INTECH Science Centre & Planetarium Float through the universe with out-of-this-world digital theatre presentations in the UK's largest planetarium. With over 100 interactive exhibits, it's a good option for a family any-weather day!
- Beaulieu Explore the National Motor Museum and the historic Beaulieu Abbey in the heart of the New Forest. The estate has been owned by the same family for over 400 years and is now a unique attraction and home to various exhibitions from Top Gear to James Bond, there is something for everyone.
- The Museum of Army Flying Award winning museum is home to a national collection of military kites, World War 2 gliders, areoplanes and helicopters.
- Milestones Hampshire's living history museum in Basingstoke, brings the past to life.
Royal Armouries Fort Nelson A superbly restored Victorian fort overlooking Portsmouth Harbour and home to the Royal Armouries national artillery collection with over 350 historic guns on display.