Escape to the country on an old steam train or walk in the beautiful countryside along rivers and mills.
- The Mid Hants Railway Explore Hampshire's beautiful countryside on a steam or heritage diesel train.
- The South Downs National Park cover a large amount of unspoilt rolling English hills from Winchester in Hampshire, eastwards to Petersfield, over to West Sussex, Arundel, Midhurst and then in the East, Lewes, Eastbourne and other coastal towns. Try part of the South Downs Way for a great walk through the countryside.
- Buckler's Hard A unique 18th Century village by the Beaulieu River where Nelson's warships were built. This shipbuilding village has a Maritime Museum showing the importance of this village as an inspiration for art, literature and films.
- Whitchurch Silk Mill Picturesque watermill making silk since 1825.
- Wickham Vineyard Visit a leading Hampshire winery and vineyard producing a wide range of award-winning wines.
- Twyford Waterworks Open on the first Sunday of every month from May to October inclusive with a different theme each month.
- St Catherine's Mizmaze Winchester's very own outdoor maze.
- The New Forest National Park is a unique habitat and ancient landscape with great walking, small towns and villages and perfect country pubs in view of the famous ponies.